Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wheel Alignment

Odo: 15,907 miles

Took the Jaguar for a wheel alignment today. The steering was twitchy and the tyres squealed in faster corners.

The folk at Lithgow Tyre Service did a great job. They have been great to deal with, did a great job on our Holden SS recently.

Apparently the toe adjustment was miles out, -8.9 mm instead of the required 4 mm. -13 mm out! No wonder the steering was acting up.

She steers beautifully now, a bit of free play in the system as can be expected for a 60 year old vehicle, but the overall improvement is great.

I have to pop the steering wheel off the shaft and correct the straight ahead position. I will do this along with fixing the manette control (see separate post).

4 comments:

  1. Really a nice post.. very informative. Thanks for sharing.
    Pritchard Autobody & Glass Inc. offers comprehensive auto detailing services for all makes and models of vehicles in the Winnipeg area. Our auto repair services also include: Windshield replacement, Door glass replacement, Hybrid car repair, Wheel alignment
    Wheel alignment winnipeg
    Direct repair MPI winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew - do you still have the Mark VII?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some sick wheel alignment! Glad that your car is doing better after the alignment. I want to share a company that provide my overall auto care needs. "VP Autocare". They have great mechanical servicing, with expertise in tyre services, as well as dyno tuning. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post, I want to share my experience of wheel alignment service. In the previous month, I was searching for a Wheel Alignment Shop in Winnipeg. And then I found a shop called "Winter's Auto Service". Trust me, I am very satisfied with their services. They provide quality services at a reasonable price. They do awesome work and treat your car with care. I recommend Winter's to anyone else who wants quality work...". You will never regret it.

    ReplyDelete